Tuesday, February 24, 2009

An undercover project that began in January

Ok, I have to start somewhere in order to explain the project that was begun in January. This was my e-mail that I sent to a couple of people to start a group of 4 sponsors that are dedicated to making big changes in their sponsored children's lives:

I have a fundaising idea, so I want to run it by you. Tell me what you think... What if we have a group of 4 people. Every month we give $40 for fundraising. Each person gives $40, and the person with the sponsored child for the month gives $40 (or more depending on what that person wants to accomplish). That will make a $160 donation, so we will get pics. Each year, that would mean each of us would be giving 3 special needs donations, but every month we are just putting up $40. If it is my month, I would choose one of my sponsored children, and that is where the donations would go (to that child). Like this:
January~ fundraiser for Mack's child
February~ fundraiser for Alice's child
March~ fundraiser for Heather's child
April~ fundraiser for a child that is in a different sponsorship program, whose pics we won't see

Then, back to Mack, etc. Everyone would have to be faithful about the donations and be committed to doing it for at least one full rotation, otherwise, it wouldn't be fair. We could start in January, and you could draw names to see who goes first, second, etc. I have a few projects. For example, in the DR, one of my sponsored children only requires $116 for a bed! With my income now, it seems unreachable, but I could do $40 a month. The other good thing is we could play a part in helping more children (example, I would get to know your child's needs and the gift I helped you purchase for him/her).

So, that is the background on the undercover project that is going on between 4 sponsors. It is now out in the open, so if anyone would like to mimic the idea and start a group, feel free.

Now, I said all of that because I will be adding Alice's sponsored children to my blog (and hopefully, adding Mack's sponsored children, too). I will first introduce them one by one in the order that they were sponsored, so that we can all get to know them. Then, the pictures and letters received from all 20+ children (from the combined 3 CI sponsors) will be posted here. I hope to have at least one post a day to keep everyone motivated & to see the difference being made in these kids' lives...
So, stay tuned. Tomorrow, I will begin introducing Alice's 8 kids!

No comments: