Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ashes and Family

Ashes above with his sisters and brother and below with his mother, 3 sisters and 2 brothers (his father was taking the photos)

Ashes above outside his school Naleza Basic which teaches grades 1 to 9.  Below is the bed that Ashes' father made for him out of wood.
I now have a bunch of photos of my CHZ children!  Ashes did not do so well with is disposible camera, but I did get a few nice pictures.  From him, I learned the most from his scavenger hunt sheet.  For example, he has 2 other sponsored siblings and 3 that are not sponsored.  His best friend is Ronald Juma who is, also, sponsored. 

At his school Naleza Basic, there are 9 grade levels and 1 teacher for each grade.  If you have a child in Naleza, you will be able to figure out who is in the class with whom if you know their grade level.  That is very interesting, and I will have to investigate it more after I finish basking in the fun of looking at these wonderful pictures!

I will be posting more photos of some of my other children over the next few days.  There were a total of 50 cameras returned to sponsors this week.  Each camera had the potential of having 27 photos- that makes for 1350 photos!!!  Unfortunately, some of the children only did a few good ones, so the average was about 20 good photos per camera, or 1000 photos!!  We still have over 50 cameras in Zambia that will be returned shortly.  If you would like to participate in the program, it only costs a total of $16 per child.  That purchases the camera, and ships it to and from Zambia!  Plus, you wind up with lots of great photos, and you get to know your child better.  I feel like I have already taken a trip to Zambia and back! 

No comments: