Tuesday, March 29, 2011

S. Henry

Henry is here with his mother and siblings outside his house.  He is wearing the red shirt.  Below is Henry's mother.  She is part of the bead making cooperative.

Henry above is 2nd from the right in the front.  Below Henry is 2nd from the left in the front with the blue button-up shirt.

 Henry talking to Hellen and giving her his details so that she can find him a sponsor. 
Henry is the child I started sponsoring way back in 2009 because he was the closest one in age to my daughter Morgan.  At the time, he was listed as 4 years old.  Morgan wrote him a few letters.  When we got a letter from Henry, it said he was 7 years old!  Wow!  He aged 3 years in just a few months! LOL!  So goes one of the problems with sponsorship programs that are formed in the slums or villages- a lot of times birth dates and age are unknown because they are home births, and no one sees the importance of notating the specific day a child is born. 

Like Vanesa, I stopped the CUS sponsorship of Henry when I was not happy with where my money was going or not knowing where my money was going.  I kept in contact with Henry because his mother started making beads in our bead making cooperative.  Now that Maureen is in charge of the CUS sponsorship program, I am sponsoring Henry again.

I will stick with those 2 CUS children- Vanesa and Henry.  I still have the other 2 Ugandan children from Tiffany's group, too- Jenina and Waird.  4 Ugandan children- 2 girls and 2 boys =)

No comments: