Sunday, March 27, 2011

Vanesa

 Vanesa is the child most directly in front of the camera
Vanesa is the girl in bright pink-above is the picture of my original 12 children in CUS in 2009
For those of you who have not been following what has been happening with CUS, they have a new sponsorship program.  I know many are unhappy with how things were done before, so this is a sweet relief for those who still want to support the children. 

These are the same children whose mothers are a part of the bead making and doll making cooperative Miracles in Caring.  That cooperative is growing as far as profits.  Profits have doubled this year compared to last year.  We are hopeful that having the dolls available for sale for our CHZ program will bring the women regular pay they can count on every month. 

Originally, 2 years ago, I was sponsoring 12 children in the CUS program. However, due to the strange happenings with the coordination, I couldn't keep throwing my money into what seemed to be a hole to nowhere.  Now Maureen is running the show, so I went with the first two I had started sponsoring first back in 2009.  Vanesa is the girl that  had chosen because Jaden wanted her for a penpal.  Vanesa is back in our "family" now that I know the money will get to where it needs to go.  (I will let you know who the second child is tomorrow)

No comments: