Monday, March 28, 2011

Mercy in Zambia


Hey, everybody!
I want to thank all of you who have contributed to buy beds for my little girl, Mercy, in Zambia. Her fundraiser has now moved from FirstGiving to Aura's House, and it is almost complete (only $80 left to go!). I won't ask for any more donations right now because it is not a Thursday, lol
I just got back photos from the Direct Package that I sent to Mercy around Christmas time. I want to share this sweet excerpt from the letter her mother wrote in response:
"Mercy is all smiles today because of the beautiful parcel she has received from you. She has promised to use them properly. She is so much in love with everything you have sent her. You have really changed my daughter's life for the better."
It makes me feel so good to hear things like this, and to know that I am making life a little happier for one child halfway across the world! I enjoy seeing Mercy's smile so much that I don't even care if she wants to use the things I sent her "improperly".
Mack
PS: The red shark that Mercy is hugging in one picture - I won it for her playing that game where you grab things with a mechanical claw. The same day, I also grabbed two stuffed hippos for Paola in Mexico to remind her of our trip to the zoo. I'm quite proud of my animal-snatching skills (but I won't mention how many game tokens I used up in the process!)

No comments: