Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Letter from Emmanuel


I have gotten some great letters from the children in Tanzania these past two days! It looks like I have some writing to do :o) All of the children are orphans and have had a rough life. Here is the letter I got from Emmanuel:

"Dear Heather

How are you doing there in the USA? I am doing fine. Thank you very much for your lovely letter which was sent to me the last few weeks ago. And thank you for the beautiful stickers and for your good questions. In my free time I like to play football. I would like to learn to speak English better. In my life, I will never forget when my parents left me alone at home. A good moment was when I joined the Bethany family. A special moment was when I passed to go to secondary school. My favorite colour is green. My favorite subject is math. My favorite sport is football. My favorite animal is the giraffe. My future career is to be a teacher. My favorite movie is Merlin and Batman. I like story books and funny books. And my favorite tv program is BBC1. I support Arsenal- Which team do you support? Say hello to Jaden and all your family.

Love from

Emmanual Shaban"

I wish I had a scanner because he made his own stationary with "Arsenal" as the theme. You will just have to trust me when I say it is super cool :o)

No comments: