Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Letter from Marelyn




A Post from Barbara:
I recently received the latest letter from 11 year old Marelyn in Guatemala in reply for her Easter package. This time I included a scrapbook which I made for her in which I included many of my favourite photos of her as well as many of my own life. This was to outline our relationship since I began sponsoring her in 2005. You can see that it was well received.

Dear Barbara Rogers

I want to thank you for your nice gifts; I received, 1 pair of pants and 1 pair of panties, 1 dress, 1 blouse, one two piece swimming suit, 1 toy egg, 1 telescope, 1 sticker game, 4 small stuffed toys (for her siblings) 1 Easter box and 1 beautiful album (the scrapbook). I can see that it was handmade by you. Thank you very much for all the photos, the markers, eraser and 1 pair of scissors. All the gifts are so beautiful. Let me tell you that my pants fits me so well as well as the dress and the swimming suit; it is so beautiful too. I hope to use the swimming suit during summer time because I am going to visit some pools soon.

Here in Guatemala we are celebrating Easter time. I attended a service during the Ash Wednesday and during the service a cross was done on my forehead. The weather is so hot here in Guatemala. I am going to try to send you an Easter calendar. [ instead she drew me a clever copy of the beautiful flower carpets which cover the streets in Guatemala at Easter as well as another drawing of the beach with waves and palm trees - she is a very talented artist for her age].

I am sending you some photos of myself. In one of the pictures I am with the uniform that I wear when I play in the school band; and the others are about the wedding of my parents. After visiting the pools I am going to take some pictures and then I will send them to you. [Probably with the digital camera sent to her won during a lottery].

My parents were so happy with the photo album (scrapbook). Take care in your next trip. I love you so much. May God bless you. Your sponsored child Marelyn.

Doesn't she write a wonderful letter for her age?

Cheers

Barbara

3 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW that is a great letter. Did she send you the wedding and other picture of her? ANyway it is a very well written letter! And she got lots of cool stuff!

Barbara said...

Thanks for your encouraging comments Lisa. Marelyn, indeed writes a very good letter much better than I did at her age!! Yes, she did send the photos mentioned but I don't have a scanner to upload them. Perhaps in the future!

Lisa said...

I think you need a scanner! LOL Just teasing! That is really cool though that she sent you some of her own photos. One of my girls asked a while ago if I wanted her to send me pictures. So I am hoping one day there will be a nice surprise.