Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Apology

Dear faithful sponsors,

I would like to apologize on CI's behalf. This fundraiser business has had it's rocky moments. Most of the moments such as waiting for special needs breakdowns and thank you letters and pictures, have been blamed on the "field". It takes so much time to get the things back from "the field". Well, let me tell you... A request was put in for Robyn's child Wilmer MONTHS ago... We waited and waited... I contacted Melissa @ CI to see what the delay was, and she said that they field asked for an extension. This was July 3rd, after we had already waited for over 2 months to get it. This is exactly what Melissa said: "The field needed an extension on Robyn’s child Wilson." I didn't think anything about the name goof up at the time, but now it is bugging me. This is why: The CI office never made the request to the field!!! We have been waiting on a breakdown for this one since May, only to find out it was NEVER ever ever ever requested!!!

Poor Robyn's fundraiser has been pushed back and pushed back, and if we hadn't requested a new request for a different child, we would still be waiting on a fundraiser for her!!!

So, for the breakdowns that CI NEVER requested, the long turn around time to get the breakdowns, and long lapse before getting the thank you and pictures, I apologize!!!
Because of the lack of correspondance, appreciation, and dedication, (all on CI's end) we will get through this list of fundraisers we have and call it a year. I think that at least half of the people who started out participating in this project are frustrated. I am not one that gives up easily, so know that~ I have been fighting for months now. (I won't get into all of the details)

I am putting Robyn's fundraiser in as #15, since hers was supposed to start before Barbara's. Once Barbara's funds, I will put Su's out. It will be a cluster of a mess, I know... But, there is no good way to fix CI's mistake. As of today, Robyn's delayed fundraiser is now live. See below for the link:

Project #15~ Maria & Ullysette (Robyn & Ryan)
http://www.firstgiving.com/betterlatethannever
Project #16~ Crystal & Gema (Su)
Project #17~ Maila (Steve)
Project #18~ Adriana (Candace)
Project #19~ Yamileisy (Dee)
Project #20~ Nikhat (Jennifer) (Jennifer, please see my e-mail about this one and send me the break down, photos & write up, so I can set up the page)
Project #21~ (Stephanie)
Project #22~ Jerry (Wilfredo)
Project #23~ Joyce (Heather G)
Project #24~ Maria (Holly)
Project #25~ Ariela (Camille)
Project #26~ (Tamara)
Project #27~ Sabrata (Cherise)

No comments: