Friday, September 11, 2009

Special Needs Donation for Brayan & Brandon




After much delay (and an extension request from the field), I finally received Brayan's special needs request yesterday! This is what I received:
We visited Brayan's home and talked with the mother.

The mother is not working, she is a housewife. She mentioned that she'd like to start a business selling clothes like: underwear, socks, pants, t-shirts, blouses and some imitation jewelry, since she said she used to sell them before and she has some experience.

She said she would sell these articles in her home, she'd put some signs to advertise these articles and inform neighbors and people that she sells clothes. She also would sell them door by door or in little street markets.

What she needs is as follows:

A little cart to transport the clothes and Items (underwear, t-shirts, socks, pants,
blouses and imitation jewelry ) 468.00 USD
She also expressed that her main needs at this time is to pay for the tuition of her children
(August 24th, 2009 when classes start).
Tuition for both children: $ 32.00 USD
***So, you may have noticed that she needs money for the tuition for Brayan and his 3 year old brother Brandon to start school on August 24th! Of course, I received the request on September 10th!
At any rate, I called CI this morning & gave them the $32, so that the boys can be in school. The IGP request will have to wait it's turn in the fundraising line, but at least they will have their most urgent request taken care of.
I have some more great pics of Brayan and his family, but I need to get them scanned. I will try to get to that soon (probably use Mack's idea and go to FedEx Office). They are great pictures that I got because Mack purchased some items for Brayan's family when she was in Mexico, and she left them at the center for him to pick up. The letter & pics are great, so I will work on getting the pictures scanned... Do you know what is stopping me from scanning them right away? Mack said she thinks it is a $5 flat fee to scan photos onto a CD, so I was waiting and hoping I would get more pictures in the mail and I could put them all on the same CD (I am waiting on several photos of 6 different children from the packages I sent over 2 months ago).

No comments: