Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Diego Gets the First Part of his Fundraiser Money!

I think the school books were his favorite part!!

Does anyone remember my concern for this pre-teen? His letters were about his sadness & doom at his lot in life. Check out his smile in the first picture! His letter, as well, was full of happiness and hope!! The field office decided to use the first $445 to buy him:
11 cans of Pediasure!!!
a new pair of shoes
5 shirts
underwear
a watch
payment of his school fees for the next few months
a school uniform
and four textbooks.
As of last Friday, his fundraiser was at $729!! That means we, also, have enough funds to get him his bed, bed sheets & fan. I am looking into this to see if CI can get the funds to the field ASAP.
Now, here is his sweet letter (intended for all of you):
Dear madrina,
How are you? I am doing well. Thank you for the gift you sent: clothing, shoes, Pediasure, school tuition, watch and textbooks. I hope you are doing well. How are Jaden and Morgan? Tell them hello for me. I love you all so much. I am doing well in school. My teacher told me to tell you hello. Her name is Yudis. My aunt is very happy and content with all you have done for me. She sends you blessings and hugs. She loves you and, also, sends a hug and kiss to Jaden and Morgan. Well, this page is full (***special note: all of us sponsors know how easliy & too early the page fills up!!! I will take someone else's advice and ask him to get another piece of paper to write a longer letter, if he would like to.***) May God protect you and give you a long life. I will be well and having a lot of fun. I hope that Jaden and Morgan will write to me again.
Diego

1 comment:

Barbara said...

The look of happiness on his face in the first photo says all the gratitude that he is feeling. Good job guys for giving a young boy some pleasure in his upto now sad life.

Barbara