Friday, September 18, 2009

Jonathan's Fundaraiser Update


Jonathan's IGP is coming close to the $100 mark! That is very exciting! I want to send a thank you to Barbara, Mack & Jim, Heather, Holly, and Tamara for their donations!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Jonathan, who has turned out to be such a sweet happy child did not appear to be that way when I first started sponsoring him. I imagine he had one or a few sponsors before me because he had about 7 annual photos in his photo album. In every single photo, he wore a frown. When I began sponsoring him, I imediately asked for CI to go out and get family pics in his home. All of the pictures showed him frowning!!! Just a few months into my sponsoring him, he changed his face dramatically!!! Now all of his pictures show a huge grin!!
So, I was thinking, I wonder what his face & his grandmother's face will look like when they receive the items they need for the IGP? I can only imagine how they will feel by putting myself in their shoes. If someone sent me money to start a business with no strings attached (no loan looming over my head), I would be beside myself with happiness knowing I would be able to feed my kids and care for them as I would like to. She can, maybe, take Jonathan somewhere he has never been but would like to go. She can buy him an extra shirt or pants.
What a great opportunity, and what a wonderful surprise it will be for them!!!
Here is the link to the fundraiser:
http://www.firstgiving.com/igp4jonathan
Thank you to all of the wonderful people who have help/ plan to help this wonderful child and his surrogate grandmother!!!

No comments: