Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fundraiser Update

Hi, everyone! In case you haven't been keeping track, we are on fundraiser number 6 http://www.firstgiving.com/brendaicedrink !!!! You know what is so cool about that? That means that 5 children have been helped already in the space of 1 month!!! If we stay on this same course, we will help 60 children a year with extra gifts!!! These gifts can be life changing. An income generating project can mean that the family is able to:

1. eat 3 meals a day
2. buy clothing appropriate for the season
3. make home repairs
4. gain a sense of confidence that they can provide for their familes

You are making a difference in so many lives. The very exciting part is that soon, we will be able to see the difference. In about 2 months, we will start receiving the responses from the children and their families. We are funding these so quickly that we will have responses pouring in!! I will post them all, of course.

Now, here is the update you have been waiting on for the next round of fundraisers. Unfortunately, I do not have a list of the next 10 fundraisers as I had hoped to have. Here is the reason why: I am waiting on several special needs requests to come in from CI for several sponsors. This means that if I don't get them soon, I will have to start on the next fundraiser that I have the info for (instead of the next one in line). I have no idea on the order of things right now. I have three fundraisers with info that are projects #11, #13, & #15. Number 11 will get bumped to #7, if I don't get the info for #7 by the time #6 ends.

I hope I am making sense... Feel free to tell me if I am not :0) I will do up a rough draft list in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully, I will have some responses back from CI by then. Thank you for your patience & your continued support of our kids!!

No comments: