Thursday, May 28, 2009

A New Picture of Diego!

My mission from now until this time next year is to find a way to put a smile on his face!!! I know he doesn't feel well, and he is having a hard time coping with the death of his parents. I just have no clue what to do to ease his pain :(
He suffers from a serious health condition, so he is at a constant risk of getting very sick from things that only give the rest of us small symptoms. I, also, know that a person is at more risk of becoming sick if they are stressed or depressed. The stress and depression weakens the body's immune system, and his is already weak from his health condition.
Does anyone have any ideas on what I can say or do to make him feel less depressed?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Be honest and tell him that you recognize that he has a tough path to follow but that you hope that you will be able to make his way easier. I think the kids appreciate knowing that you know what they are going through and that you will be there for them.

Anonymous said...

I think the best you can do is what Stephanie said. As long as he knows he has you to rely on, he'll find a way to make it through.