Monday, May 18, 2009

Project #6 is complete!

Thank you to everyone who has made this a success!!! We have a bigger task ahead of us, but I know we can do it. The projects that were set to to be numbers 7 through 10 do not have the information back from Children International. It may be a few more weeks before we get it from them. In the meantime, project 11 already has the information back, so we will do that one next. Then, we will resume with the others (hoping that we will have the information back by then).

I had a helper (Barbara) add up everyone's total amount donated thus far. I will be sending out the totals later today. I don't want to post it here for all to see, so I will e-mail everyone individually. This will be beneficial to those who want to have a project in the larger fundraising category. Here are tips to know what to do with the information:

You have a fundraiser you would like to do, that will cost $500.
You must have donated to other sponsors' projects between projects #1 & #10.
You must of donated at least 25% ($125) before your project can be put in the line up of the next fundraisers.
If you get an e-mail stating you have donated $65 so far, you need to doante another $60 before project #10 ends in order to have a $500 project in the next round.

I really don't want it to be where I have to monitor the amount that everyone donates. I hope that we can perfect the fundraising, and get to a point where it is all for one and one for all. I can guarentee you that there are people helping others with their fundraisers, and they don't have much money to part with themselves. Of course, we all want "our children" to have a better standard of living. I don't know about you, but I personally do not have $500 to send. However, if we work together as a team, promoting others' fundraisers and contributing what we can, our children get helped too. And, isn't it more beautiful to know that not only did you help one of your children, but you helped 9 others as well!!!???

No comments: