Saturday, May 30, 2009

Letters from Barbara's sponsored children

I apologize that I do not have pictures to go with these letters right now. I will post some soon.

"Dear Barbara

First I'm greeting you and your friends. I hope you are all fine. Nsenzeni and I we are fine. Yes, she had malaria but now she is very well. Barbara and you too are so special to our family. I appreciate very much but those chickens you have mentioned here in Zambia I can't raise my standard of living. I just say if you can boost my business so that it can grow well I will appreciate very much. [This relates to a small start up micro-enterprise I sent last year to start selling vegetable, dried fish and beans].

Leya, she's doing fine with her youngest daughter and name is Ailedi. Barbara, Nsenzeni is saying your living is very well. She is asking when are you coming to visit her? Blessing Banda is not our relative. On Christmas day we celebrated in Church. Thanks very much, Yours Lontia and Nsenzeni."

The second one is from Pearl Daphne from Quezon City in relation to the visit from the two CI representatives. The letter is beautifully written and well spaced and she is only six years old.

"Dear Barbara,

Hi Greetings from beautiful Country of Philippines! I'm glad that you send another letter for me. Yes,I enjoyed shopping during my Easter gift. You are alone. Are you happy with that? [She is referring to my single status and lack of family here in Canada].
I saw the pictures of your country it's very beautiful. Someday, I wish I could visit your place.
With regards to Sponsor's visit I had thought you are the one visiting me here. But even I couldn't saw you in person I am so thankful and excited that day. Thank you. Always Pearl Daphne.

The last one is from Marelyn and yet another one from her mother Carolina.

"Dear Sponsor Barbara

This letter is to thank you for the wonderful gifts which you sent me. I received [followed by the usual boring list of gifts!!].....Let me tell you that here in Guatemals the summer is so hot and for that reason I drink iced drinks or iced water. Let me tell you that my family is well. I love you very much. Marelyn Magdalena"

Amongst the gifts I sent was a child's writing pad and I was delighted to see that Marelyn's mother, Carolina, made use of it and wrote me a three page letter.

" Dear Barbara;

I hope that you are well when you receive this letter. I want to share with you many things about my family. Well, during the Holy Week here in Guatemala I and my husband Luis sold [candies] in the city during the Easter processions for a week so that we could take Marelyn and her siblings to Esquipolas to visit the black Christ, located in Chiquimula. Then we took them to a beach called 'Dorada' . Let me tell you that Marelyn enjoyed the trip, playing all day in the water near the bank of the lake.she loves the water, but she cannot swim I would like to send her for a swimming course. As you know when people can swim, the most they enjoy. The summer here in Guatemala is so hot, but we drink iced drinks, which are so delicious. We were all so very happy.

When Marelyn receives your direct packages she is always so happy and likes everything that you send her. She likes the many photos that you sent her, because through them she can see the beautiful places of Canada. She says that she would like to visit them herself one day. Marelyn always remembers you every moment. She is a beautiful young girl and very intelligent. Anita, Luisa and Fernando also can't wait to see the photos that you send to Marelyn so that they can see the places that you visit and the gifts that you send to them. I want to thank you for the joy that you give my family. Thanks to you they share happy moments. May God pour out his Blessings on you. I say goodbye with much love. Carolina."

No comments: