Tuesday, May 26, 2009

This was a wild surprise

http://http://ilovemykids08.blogspot.com/2008/12/christmas-for-those-in-need.html
You may or may not remember one of the things that my girls got involved with around Christmas time last year. I put the blog post link above, just in case you missed it... Jaden, Morgan, and I packed up Christmas presents for children with HIV/AIDS and took them to a non-profit that works with these children and their families. A month or so later, I received a magazine from the organization. I didn't even look at the magazine. I put the magazine in the pile of junk mail. 5 months later (today), I decided to flip through it and was surprised to see our names in an article about Christmas items they received. In the picture above, you can, also, see our brown lunch bags that we put Christmas decorations on. We are not pictured (thank goodness!! I mean, thank goodness I'm not!!) If you have trouble reading the small words, you can click on the picture above to maximize the attachment.
I wanted to mention that I have begun a new book that is inspiring. It is giving me many more ideas of how to help people, and include my children. Maybe we can even start a non-profit! Whatever we decide to do, we won't be doing it to get our name in a magazine, though. I hope that we can make at least one person's life better, but I believe we can do more than that (with the help of others).

No comments: