Saturday, May 2, 2009

Meet Efrain's 12th sponsored child Nohelia!

Nohelia is my twelveth sponsored child with Children International, my twentieth sponsored child ever, and my most recent sponsorship. As with the other two, Nohelia was another impulsive sponsorship. You already know the story. I entered CI's website and browsed through the girls list. I saved her page along with two more and I couldn't resist to sponsor all three of them. I sponsored Nohelia after Clarizze and Nicole Ann, so she is now my twelveth sponsored child with Children International.
Her photo album contained two pictures, the first one from 7/31/2008 and the second one from 12/18/2008. I might very well be her first sponsor although I don't know; I'm not sure whether a child who has never had a sponsor would be photographed for a second time less than five months later.
Nohelia is only four years old, the youngest among my sponsored children. She lives in Ecuador with her father, mother, and one sister who is 15 years old; speaks my native language, Spanish; and likes toplay with dolls.
I'll need to wait long for the time when she can write her own letters, maybe three to four years. Alyson is also from Ecuador and she neither writes by herself. I have read that Ecuadorian children are very loving. I just cannot wait for the time when one of them will write to me. Alyson goes before Nohelia on that. She will begin writing before Nohelia. And Nohelia is beautiful. She has a gorgeous curly hair. Being a 4 yo girl, she doesn't seem to be very shy.


Age: 4
Gender: F
Date of Birth: 12/8/2004
-->
Height: 3 Feet 5 Inches
Weight: 39 Pounds
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
2. Health problems, if any: None
3. Attends School: No - Too young
4. Favorite School Subjects:
Favorite Pastimes or Sports: Playing with dolls
Chores at Home: No Chores, child is too young
Talents or Hobbies: Dancing, Drawing, Painting
Languages Spoken: Spanish

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S FAMILY:
5. Approximate monthly income for the family (in U.S. Dollars): $180.00
6. Name of Father: Marcos
Age: 47
Occupation: Teacher
(If not present, why?)
7. Name of Mother: Priscila
Age: 44
Occupation: Teacher
(If not present, why?)
8. Brothers and Sisters:
Name Priscila S.
Age 15
Gender F
9. Child now living with: Parents

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S HOME:
10. Description of Home: One multi-use room
Cooking Facilities: Gas Stove
Sleeping Accommodations: Metal beds
Home Construction: Walls Concrete block
Roof Corrugated metal
Floor Concrete
11. Facilities and Services:
Water Source/Storage: Running water in home
Electricity: Available
Sanitary Facility: Latrine

No comments: