Saturday, July 25, 2009

Diego's Fundraiser Update

This week, Diego's fundraiser did not get any donations. I know I should be sad and upset that his fundraiser went a whole week without a donation... BUT, I am not sad... I am filled with hope that little by little he will get the things that he needs. I wanted to update everyone on where the first batch of money has gone. I originally thought that the money would go to nutritional supplements and school. However, the field has determined that he needs a bed sooner than the school items.

The money raised to date has gone to:


Food Supplement (Pediasure)~ $150
Single bed with mattress~ $210
Uniforms~ $73

Right now he could use:

Bed sheets & pillow for his new bed~ $18

Textbooks~ $70
Electric fan~ $42
Clothing~ $200


Total for those 4 items: $330

And, for everyone who helps Diego, I am doing a raffle of $100!!! The winner will get their choice of one of three things:
Microsoft 4GB Zune MP3 player
$100 Visa Gift Card
$100 Donation to Children International to provide a special needs gift to their own child

You will receive 1 raffle ticket per $10 donated. My daughters will draw a name at the end of the raffle (and I will videotape the drawing & post the video). Donations are monitored via a spread sheet that Children International sends with the donors' names & amount donated.

Here is the link to his fundraiser: http://aurashouse.com/2009/06/emergency-project-for-diego-of-columbia/

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hi Heather,

I just wanted to let you know that Diego did get one donation this week. $10 from ... me. :-) I know it's not much but I am happy to see it moving forward. We just had Zoila's project finish and we are going to let our number of projects get down to 3 or so before adding any new ones so more focus will be on the ones still fund raising.

Best,
Kristen
http://aurashouse.com