Friday, July 31, 2009

Wilmer's Special Needs Gift



An update from Victor:
As you may remember, I picked up a new kid back in March or April; a five year old named Wilmer who is being raised by a single dad (and, as it turns out, granny, too). I sent down $250 and got back some pics (included) and a note. Here is what they got with the dough.
1 Full Size Bed
1 Fan
1 Pair of Sports Shoes
1 Shirt
1 Short
1 Uniform Pant
2 Suits
2 Underwear
1 Pair of Socks
The CI people indicated that he was especially happy about the bed because prior to this, he was sleeping in a hammock. I have noticed with all of my kids, the first things that always get bought are a bed and a fan.
This is what granny wrote:
Dear Sponsor,
I hope you are in good health along with all your family. I tell you that Wilmer is doing good. He and us recieved your help and we bought one full bed for Wilmer and his sister to share. He is very happy because before he slept in a hammock. Also, we bought clothes and shoes and one fan and now thanks to you the child will be more comfortable. We say thank you for this special donation and we hope may God bless you so much and recieve from your sponsored child kisses and hugs. I say good bye to you with affection
Maria (She's the granny)
They sure look happy!!!

No comments: