Sunday, July 19, 2009

Package for Jonathan



I sent Jonathan a small package with black dress shoes and 2 shirts. I know it was something small, but he was grateful for it anyway.
I wish I could do much more for my sponsor kids. The reality, though, is that I am very limited. I am earning minimum wage (very different from my $75,000 a year job I had 2 years ago). When the economy took a turn in the wrong direction, I was in the mortgage business. I was working for the company that many people blame for the economy's crash and the housing crisis. My husband and I were laid off within the same 2 week time period. There have been many changes in our life style since then, but we are still struggling to get back on our feet completely.
Until we have more income, I will have to just do the small things as I can. I am VERY grateful we have our fundraising group because there is no way I would be able to afford to start up businesses for my kids' families otherwise.
Here is Jonathan's letter:
Hello Heather!'
I greet you very attentively and am glad that you and your family are fine. Thanks from the bottom of my heart for the gift you sent me. The shoes and shirts are nice. My vacations are over and we have been in classes for 2 months now. I do live with my cousins, grandma and aunt. At school, my classmates and I play a lot. We get along pretty well. Thanks from the bottom of my heart for being such a wonderful sponsor! I say goodbye with a strong hug,
Jonathan

No comments: