Thursday, July 9, 2009

Meet Brayan from Mexico






After a lot of prodding from several different people, I finally decided to take on a child in Mexico. So many people have been telling me that I should because:
1. I live so close to the country
2. I have already lived in that country
3. the packages are cheaper to mail
4. Since I learned my Spanish via Mexico, I already know the dialect & slang (not so positive)
I found this little 6 year old named Brayan. I chose him because he has 5 siblings, his father abandoned the family, and they live on only $95 a month!!!... oh, and my oldest brother's name is Bryan, so I thought he completely fit in to our sponsor family. I am hoping to get an IGP set up for them.
These are pictures of Brayan with his mother and youngest brother in their home in Jalisco. I am glad to add him to my list of sponsor kids, but now, I am really at my max :( I wish I could help more kids, but until I get a better job that actually pays me what I am owed... Cross your fingers because I should find out on Monday if I got the job I interviewed for last Monday.

No comments: