Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How I have chosen my sponsored kids

First, here is the beautiful new picture of Jonathan! I have been waiting for several updated photos. This was the second photo to be updated recently. Mwanza's photo came earlier this month. I am still waiting for Dulce's, Leydi's, and Diego's updated photos. I am waiting for all 5 of their family report updates as well.
Well, everyone has different reasons for the children they choose. I thought that I would share how I chose mine. You all already know about the 4 with serious health conditions. The diagnosis of a life-threatening virus/disease is why I took them. They need the extra benefits that sponsorship provides them, as well as moral support/ someone to talk to. My other children I chose based on their personal struggles and family income. I don't care how cute the child is really because once I get to know them, they are the most beautiful children to me.
Some of you sponsors may be surprised at my children's circumstances. For example, Mwanza and his 4 brothers and sisters live without parents on $5 a month!!! Jonathan lives with his grandmother and aunt since both of his parents have died. He is sick, and his grandmother struggles to give him everything he needs to live as long as he can with an income of only $50 a month!!! When I chose Henry off of the CI web-site, I chose him because his family of 4 was living on $25 a month!!!
I am anxious to see the updated family reports. I hope that their income has gone up, and maybe I may be able to set up some income generating projects for a couple of them. I really hope I can help Jonathan's family soon. I am waiting to hear back from the field office. I will keep everyone posted.
So, even though I didn't choose Jonathan for his looks, isn't he a CUTIE!!!!

No comments: