Friday, April 10, 2009

Jaden gets pictures from the 1st bed she bought!





Dulce was the first to receive a bed in Jaden's special project. She looks so happy in the pictures, and her letter was beautiful, as you can see. She got a mattress, a wood frame, and new shoes. Once I read through the letter, I realized that I never sent a memo with the donation. On the last bed purchase, the one for Jonathan, I sent along a short memo to be included with the bed. I have been straddling the fence about how to approach this fundraiser, so maybe you guys can provide me with opinions. My dilemma is this: Do I tell the kids that my 4 year old daughter raised the money to buy their beds? Or do I send them the money as a gift from the family? With these first two children, I thought it would be best not to mention that Jaden raised the money. My thinking is that it may seem... I don't even know how to explain it... I guess, I think that it may make them feel poor. The fact that a 4 year old gave money for their bed. Do you know what I am saying? Kids know that adults work, and logically, it makes sense that I could come up with the funds for it. But, a four year old? I am so proud of her, and I appreciate any and all feedback. For these first two, I just sent the money, but I can always explain in a future letter that Jaden raised the money. What is proper etiquette?
Now, on to Dulce's SWEET thank you letter:

How are you? I hope you are SUPER well. I am happy because I have already received my bed with the wooden base, mattress, and new school shoes. Thanks! May God bless you and your family with good health. You are a very special person, and you deserve it! I send you all of my love. Big Kiss! Dulce

Ok, isn't she great! It is letters like these that get me through a rough day at work, or stress, or whatever hard time I may be having. This children may have never been in my womb, and I may never have met them, but that doesn't mean that I love them any less. They are truly beautiful souls!

No comments: