Sunday, April 26, 2009

Meet Chrystal's Sponsored Child Brenda!

This is Chrystal's sponsored child Brenda from Guatemala. Chrystal will be giving us more information about her soon, as she is scheduled for fundraising project #6. For now, here are the basics that she sent me:

Name : Brenda
Age: 11
Birthdate- 10/21/1997
Favorite Subject: Grammar
Favorite Pastimes: Playing with dolls
Father: Abandoned family
Mother: Abandoned family
Brother: Francisco , Age 17
Child lives with relatives in Rual Guatemala Home-
One Bedroom, Kitchen
Cooking Facilities- Portable gas stove
Home Construction: Walls Concrete block
Roof: Corrugated metal
Floor: Concrete
Water Source: Running water in home
Electricity: Available
Sanitary Facility: Toilet

Brenda is currently living with relatives. I received several pictures of her and a woman that might be an aunt. I have to ask her about that. The family's monthly income is only $90.00. Her letters are wonderful. In her first letter she writes how greatful she and her family are to receive my support. Brenda also mentioned that she would like to have the opportunity to meet with me and thank me in person.

No comments: