Monday, June 15, 2009

Fundraiser Update

Maybe I should do an update every month, so that we all know what is going on with the projects. It has been awhile since I talked about the order of the upcoming fundraisers, so here it is (with an explanation to follow):

Project #9 ~ Yoselyn (Holly): http://www.firstgiving.com/helpforyoselyn

Project #10 ~ Diego (Heather G)

Project #11~ Jhonalyn & Angelito (Tamara)

Project #12~ Nisha (Jennifer)

Project #13~ Mercy (Mack)

Project #14~ Wilmer (Robyn's 2nd project)

Project #15~ Nsenzeni (Barbara's 2nd project)

Project #16~ Jonathan (Heather's 2nd project)

Project #17~ Crystal & Gema (Su's 2nd project)

Project #18~ Maila (Steve)

Project #19~ Nohel (Candace)

Project #20~ (Stephanie's 2nd Project)

Project #21~ Yamileisy & Jose Manuel (Dee)

Project #22~ Jerry (Wilfredo's 2nd project)

Project #23~ Joyce (Heather G's 2nd project)

Project #24~ Maria (Holly's 2nd project)

Project #25~ Ariela (Camille)

Project #26~ (Tamara's second project)

Now, I put Steve's, Candace's, Dee's, and Dana's fundraisers at the bottom of this list because the special needs were only just recently requested (so they probably won't arrive for another 6 to 8 weeks). That being said, if either of theirs arrives before any of projects #14 through #17 start, I will bump them forward (since these two sponsors have not yet had a fundraiser).
Remember that, especially if your fundraiser is coming up soon, you contribute at least 25% of the amount of your fundraiser to others in the group BEFORE your project begins. For example, my project, which is #15, is for $500. Therefore, I have from Project #9 to Project #15 to donate an additional $4 (I already donated $121 total to date).
In all honesty though, I hope that everyone will look into their heart and donate from your feeling of compassion for kids in general. With these larger projects coming up we will need to be an "all for one and one for all" group. I plan to donate a lot more than $4 in the next 6 fundraisers. The reason I will donate is because I love my sponsor kids, so I know how everyone else must feel about theirs. Let's make these projects happen for all of the kids!!!
I really HATE that we have a percentage in place of how much you should donate. However, I know that it had to happen in order to compel some people to donate. Donations do come from sponsors that do not even have a fundraiser in place,and that helps us to make our goals. That is how ideally we should all be... Donating because we want to help a child and their family, regardless of whose sponsor child it is.
You guys (I live in Texas, so by nature, I want to say "Ya'll", but I don't want to torture the northerners) have done a GREAT job so far!!! We have already funded 8 projects!!
For those of you who do not see your name on the list, please e-mail me an update. Chrystal, which child did you want to do next? Tamara, I have your request for the next round, but I need to see what you are going to do for this first round first. The other projects are too far out to request for yet, but these people might want to go ahead and send me the child ID of who they want for their second round of fundraisers:
Jennifer
Mack
Steve

Now, last thing... All of you who have a fundraiser on the list above, and haven't sent me your info, I need the following:

Photos (7 if you can)
Write up for how you would like the fundraiser to read
Your "thank you" greeting that will be sent when people make donations

Now, let's change some lives!!

No comments: