Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fundraiser Update




I promised an update... Sorry it will be short, but it will be an update... I will be working every day for the next few days, so squeezing in a post is difficult. I do have a couple of things I want to say, though...
We have now completed 10 fundraisers!!! Fundraiser #9 completed today, and the emergency fundraiser, also, funded!!! Wondering how $300 was raised for the emergency project in less than 24 hours time? Dana set up a raffle amoungst her friends. She raffled off a $60 item & raised $300!!! Instead of just donating the $60, she thought she could raise more by buying a $60 item and raffling it off. Her investment quintupled (is that a word? LOL!)... Whatever, it was matched 5 times over!!!
I thought her idea of a raffle would be a great idea for others that may want to do the same. Especially as we get to these larger projects, we will need to think outside the box and become creative to get them funded. So, keep that in mind. Anyone else with ideas, send them my way, and I will post them for all to see.
Fundraiser #10 is our last small fundraiser, so now is the time for ideas!
Here is fundraiser #10 for "little diego": http://www.firstgiving.com/helpfordiego
Diego is Heather G's sponsor child. Make sure to check out his page. Thank you for your continued support!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Bravo Dana! I agree that raffles are an awesome way to raise money. Maybe we could float ideas for what people might like to see as prizes over at the Google Group. I'm working on another blanket...:)