Friday, June 19, 2009

A Letter from Jonathan

I recently found out that the lady that Jonathan calls his grandmother is a surrogate grandmother and not related in any way. Jonathan's father was abandoned as a child, and this kind lady took him in and raised him as her own. After Jonathan's mother and father passed away, this same lady stepped up to raise Jonathan. She is an ANGEL. She does so much for him. Every letter I receive from Jonathan describes the many adventures he has with his "abuelita". This is the letter I got today:

Hi! I want to tell you that I complete my homework in school, and I am also studying hard to succeed. During recess, my classmates and I like to play soccer. My favorite subject is math. We went on a trip to a very pretty waterfall. We got in it and had a lot of fun in the water. We also saw many birds in the country with beautiful feathers with all of the colors of the rainbow. It is so pretty to hear the song of the feathers when they fly freely.
I say goodbye with lots of affection,
Jonathan

No comments: