Monday, June 1, 2009

Presents from Guatemala

I was surprised to see this new photo of Yessica in my account because I was expecting a new picture for another 6 months or so.

Yessica made me a card out of construction paper, stickers & markers


A long letter to me was written inside the card
a piggy bank

small pottery
a small decorative bowl... I am not sure what it is made out of
a cloth napkin (I am not sure if she made this or bought it???)
If you are a CI Google Grouper, you already know Steve. He went to Guatemala in April and offered to meet some of our children for us. He brought us pictures, video, and even souveneirs and moments from our kids!!!! I had told Yessica that he was coming about a month in advance, but everyone who has sponsored children knows how long it takes coorespondence to get back and forth... So, I am guessing that is how she got the impression that I was coming to visit her. It makes me feel bad, really, to read her card in which she welcomes me to Guatemala. The whole letter is filled with anticipation of my arrival and it hurts me even now to think about it because I don't know if she got my letter before she got to the field office. Or did she go to the field office expecting to see me? :0(
Anyway, I am still grateful for her thoughtful card and souveneirs. This is what her card said:
Dear Heather,
I welcome you during this visit. You are visiting me in Guatemala and I am very happy to meet you personally. You have come to know a lot of places of this country, Guatemala. I thank you for being my sponsor and supporting me in my studies. I went to a place named Baja Verapaz and I learned about the Quetzal,national bird, and La Monja Blanca, national flower. I send you some memories from Baja Verapaz: a guacalito, a small jug, a piggy bank, a napkin, some drawings. That is what I am going to send you. I hope that you like all those things. May God bless you, and I hope that you get back home safely.
Love,
Yessica

No comments: