Thursday, June 4, 2009

Me to We


I am always up to something... Right now, I am turning ideas around in my head trying to get a plan of yet another big project. The next big project is still not even close to happening, but I have it in my head that it will happen one day... This book has been a great boost for me. I got it on CD to listen to in the car on the way to work. It is filled with so much inspiration that I have finished the book & started it back at the beginning to listen to it again. This is not a religious book. It is just about how you can make a difference by changing your thinking from "me" to "we".
I think it is interesting to note that is exactly what we are doing with the fundraisers. Instead of just focusing on our own sponsor kids, we are helping all who want to be a part. By coming together as a group to make this happen, we have already helped 6 families in 2 months!!!
I will post more about the book later, but I wanted to leave you with this quote from the book:
"At a tender age I discovered that it isn't doing spectacular things that makes you remarkable in the eyes of God, but instead, it is when you light just one candle to dispel a little bit of darkness that you are doing something tremendous. And if, as a global people, we put all the little bits of good together, we will overwhelm the world."-- Archbishop Desmond Tutu
I will share more of the book in later posts.In the meantime, you might want to read it for yourself:
Me to We: Finding Meaning in a Material World by Craig and Marc Kielburger

No comments: