Thursday, August 6, 2009

Can you make this 6 year old smile?



Meet Gladis from Guatemala. She is 6 years old and lives with her parents and 5 siblings. Her father is a bricklayer and her mother stays at home to take care of the 6 kids. Here is the list of children that Gladis' 28 year old mother must take care of:

13 year old Ana Cecilia

11 year old Carmen

6 year old Gladis

4 year old Kevin

3 year old Glendy

1 year old Eimy

As you can imagine, 8 people can put quite a strain on the family income of ONLY $208 a month!! The house for 8 people is made of two rooms- one bedroom and a kitchen. The floor is dirt, and they cook on an open fire. There are 3 beds for 8 people... Though, I don't imagine their house could hold any more beds due to the size.

Gladis needs a sponsor as soon as possible. If you can provide Gladis with sponsorship benefits, please post a comment to this post. I will have her added to your account once I am able to get in contact with you and get your account details. I hope to see updated pictures of Gladis with a big smile on her face!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heather,
Are you still looking for a sponsor for Gladis. I have a sponsor for her. My friend Llahnna wants to sponsor her. E-mail me if she stills needs a sponsor.