Saturday, August 29, 2009

Meet Andrea & Andrea



From Mack:

Last Sunday, I went horseback riding with my little cousin, Andrea. During my visit, I told her about my sponsor kids and my recent trip to Mexico. She was thrilled to learn that the children offered for sponsorship are "real", and that CI encourages sponsors to form a meaningful relationship with their kid(s). Andrea had always been intrigued by the idea of sponsorship, but needed to hear about someone else's positive experience before taking the step herself.

A few days later, my cousin logged in through my Lift One page and found a little girl who shares her name to sponsor. After that, Andrea promptly convinced a co-worker and her step-ish daughter, Jennifer (who you will meet soon) to do the same! So, my sore crotch muscles were worth the end result.

The smaller Andrea lives in Mexico; she is 8 years old. She lives with both parents, and her father is a bricklayer. She has a 7-year-old brother named "Jesus".

Andrea sleeps in a bed and has a toilet, but no running water. The Family Record says: "Water Source/Storage: Stored at home in barrel/tank"

No comments: