Saturday, August 8, 2009

Special Needs Gift for Marelyn




Barbara sent a special needs gift to her sponsor child Marelyn. The gift was a set of swimming lessons!! What a great idea! I am sure that this will be something that Marelyn and her family will never forget!
This is what Marelyn had to say:
"Dear Sponsor Barbara;
This letter is to thank you for the swimming lessons, one swimsuit, water glasses and water cap. I am so happy that I feel I will cry of happiness. Despite my happiness let me tell you that the pool is bigh and the water warm. My teacher has a group of 6 students. I will work hard so I can learn how to swim.
I am enjoying my break from school I start again on July 1st. I hope you are doing well with your book and that you have advanced a lot. I hope that you are healthy. I love you very much God bless you and do take care.
Yours sponsored child
Marelyn.

And another sweet letter from Marelyn earlier this year:
Dear Sponsor Barbara

I thank you very much for the letter that you sent me. Let me tell
you that when I receive a letter from you: I read it in front of my
mom, Luisa, Anita and Fernando (her siblings) and they pay attention
to hear about you. I am so glad knowing that you enjoyed the pictures
that sponsor Steve took of me. Yes, as you can see I have grown up
very much; I promise you that in my next pictures I am going to smile
more. Sponsor, let me tell you that it wasn't a problem to go the the
Central Office of the Sponsorship Program to take the pictures. My
mom and I were happy about that. Let me tell you that my siblings are
well. I am always happy when I receive all the gifts that you send me
as well as my siblings.
Please take care of yourself when you do your exercises; you must be
careful so that you don't hurt yourself: it will be nice if someone
could be with you during your exercise routine.
Let me tell you that I had a wonderful Holy Week; I spent this time
along my with my siblings. My parents took us to a beautiful place; I
enjoyed playing in the water; these were hot days, but I drank frozen
drinks with many pieces of fruits in it; the drink was so delicious.
I also had the opportunity to see our traditional processions: the
name of one of these was: "Senor Sepultado" This procession belongs
to one well known church called "Recoleccion" the procession was so
beautiful, but I felt sad knowing that Jesus had to die for our sins.
Well, in general I had a nice Holy Week , but the weather was so
hot.
Dear Sponsor, my school is nearby to my house; I just walk a few
streets. I don't take a bus to get there. The classes start at 7.00
a.m. Though the classes start at 7.30 a.m. I arrive at 7 a.m.to help
our classroom; I and some of my class-mates sweep and mop the floor
and corridors.
After school, I go home, change my clothing and then I go to buy
tortillas to eat and my mom cooks our lunch. I help my mom to clear
the table and then I do my homework. Sometimes I have a lot of
homework, especially calligraphy; sometimes I have 10 pages of it. At
school, my teacher is teaching me about the trips of Christobal
Colon. I am also learning about the different kind of cultures that
exist in the world. I am also learning to divide numbers; Let me tell
you that I am doing well in my Mathematic class; I know the
multiplication tables from 1 - 10.
Sponsor, I want to thank you for the nice pictures that you send me
and for all that you tell me. In this moment I don't have any
question for you. I would rather that you tell me about you. I hope
that you finish your book soon. It is now winter in my country
Guatemala. The raining is heavy nowadays.
I hope this letter finds you in good health. I love you so much. I
send you a big hug and say so long to you. Your sponsored child,
Marelyn."

1 comment:

Mack said...

Very cool letter! Marelyn should teach the other kids lessons on including interesting details for their sponsors!