Monday, August 17, 2009

I Know the task can seem DAUNTING

Do you feel like what you are doing is not making a difference? Right now, especially during these slow fundraising months, it can be hard to remember that we have already done so much!! Funds are only trickling in for our projects, as opposed to the flood of money we had just a few months ago.
This post is to keep you from feeling down about these slow months. REMEMBER, we have already helped 13 children and their families with our previous projects, and we did it all in a span of 5 months!!! That is incredible!!
August is the slowest month for contributions of all of the months of the year. Right now it seems even worse because the projects we are trying to fund are larger than the previous ones. Luckily, we are halfway through August, and contributions will get even better as we approach the holiday season.
For now, we just have to do the best we can with what we have, and remember that we have done a lot already. There are children out there sleeping on beds that we purchased; children who are healthier because of nutritional supplements we provided; children that have clothes on their backs because of us; children's parents who now will be able to better provide for their children because we have provided them with a business of their own that they would never have been able to afford had it not been for us... I just want everyone to see that even if you only were able to donate a few dollars, it DID make a difference!!!
These are the 2 current projects that are in need of donations to complete. I hope we can complete these this month, so that the families will get the money in September. I can't speak for everyone, but I currently find myself in a VERY tight financial spot! Donate what you can, when you can, and little by little, penny by penny, we WILL make a difference!! On my next pay day, which is still a week away, I plan to add a few more dollars to the fundraisers. I know it won't be much, but I know $5 or $10 less in my pocket (or to my bills) will have a much bigger impact on the familes that we help than it will in my wallet... Of course, I am not condoning debt. I do think that we can all find ways to pinch a penny or two :0)
If any one would like to submit any of their new and exciting ways to pinch pennies for the benefit of our children, shoot me an e-mail. Once I get several ideas, I will post them here with the submitter's name.
Don't forget these children who have a chance to get their projects funded this month! If we can raise the money needed for them by August 31st, they will get the funds for their projects at the end of September!!

Nsenzeni's project needs $370 to provide a small business for her grandmother:
http://www.firstgiving.com/igp4nsenzeni
Angelito's project only needs $165, and his sponsor Tamara is offering a raffle ticket for each donation of $10. The winner will be able to choose a gift from her web-site valued at $100!!!
http://www.firstgiving.com/graduates2

I, also, wanted to update everyone on the success of finding sponsors. My blog readers are the BEST! If you don't believe that, just check out the list below... 4 children received sponsors because they were featured on this blog. I like featuring children on the blog for others because then, I get to see the children grow through pictures and letters as their sponsors send me the updates. There is another child that got a sponsor through the blog, but I don't have his picture. After the special needs feature last year, my sister-in-law decided she could take a child. She asked me to find her a child with a cranial-facial disorder. I contacted Ashley at CI (The same rep who hooked me up with the other children with special needs) and she gave my sister-in-law a filipino child named Feliciano.
I want to thank all of you who have donated and/or taken on a sponsor child from this blog!!!!

Alice stepped up to sponsor Paola's sister Tomasa after she saw the post that she was in need of a sponsor!!
Sarah became Maria Cristina's sponsor at the end of July!!! Maria Cristina will greatly benefit from the health benefits, thanks to Sarah!!
Katherine was featured almost a year ago, along with 3 other children with special needs. Katherine was scooped up by Alice immediately after she saw the post. After some financial difficulties for Katherine's sponsor Alice, Katherine was able to get another loving sponsor... Jim became Katherine's new sponsor. Alice is still able to watch Katherine's growth via this blog!!
Gladis was featured just a week ago. Her sad face touched Llahnna who has now made it her mission to change her frown into a smile. Llahnna is excited to be Gladis's new sponsor!

No comments: