Thursday, August 13, 2009

I said I can't take one more child, and I meant it!!

So, WHY did I scroll through the list of children looking for sponsors on CI's site???!!! I saw this 9 year old boy with a sad face, low income, 3 siblings, and living with relatives... I was drawn to him... Then, I saw his name- his first name is the name of my youngest brother, and his middle name is the name of my oldest brother!!! I just couldn't click on the "sponsor me now" button. I did, however, tell a friend about him... That friend went looking for him on the site and said that she was looking to sponsor a child from Ecuador... And, that is how I wound up clicking the "sponsor me now" button, because we decided we could afford him together. So, I will pay the monthly fee every other month. I am glad that we are sponsoring him because after getting his family record, I am even more concerned about him.

He just entered the sponsorship program in July of this year. He has a sister that is 14. She could be the one taking care of the kids, as I am not sure who is taking care of them. Kevin is 9, and he has 2 brothers- one is 5 years old and the other is an infant!! Their father passed away, and their mother left them.

I hope to be getting better news from him when I get our first letter. I hope that some relatives have stepped up to take care of the kids, and that it is not on the shoulders of Kevin's sister Julexi.

So I would like to take this moment to send a BIG THANK YOU to Mack for giving me a way to take on one more child!!! Mack stepped up to help me sponsor him. Since we are both planning a trip to Ecuador/Colombia in 2012, we have some time to get to know him before we go see him. I can't wait!!!


Age: 9
Gender: M
Date of Birth: 5/16/2000
Height: 4 Feet 1 Inches
Weight: 53 Pounds
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
2. Health problems, if any: None
3. Attends School: Yes
4. Favorite School Subjects: Writing
Favorite Pastimes or Sports: Playing with friends
Chores at Home: Running errands
Talents or Hobbies: Dancing
Languages Spoken: Spanish

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S FAMILY:
5. Approximate monthly income for the family (in U.S. Dollars): $135.00
6. Name of Father: Roberto
(If not present, why?) Deceased
7. Name of Mother: Reina
Age: 35
Occupation: Homemaker
(If not present, why?) Abandoned family
8. Brothers and Sisters:
Name Jeremy Age 5 Gender M
Name Julexi Age 14 Gender F
Name Roberto Age 0 Gender M
9. Child now living with: Relatives

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S HOME:
10. Description of Home: One multi-use room
Cooking Facilities: Gas Stove
Sleeping Accommodations: Wooden beds
Home Construction: Walls Split Cane
Roof Corrugated metal
Floor Wood
11. Facilities and Services:
Water Source/Storage: Running water in home
Electricity: Available
Sanitary Facility: Septic tank

No comments: