Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dulce, another sweet letter

I probably have not mentioned this before in this new blog, so I will say it now: "Dulce" means sweet in Spanish. I just started sponsoring her 2 months ago. Actually, I got her along with three other children (Jonathan, Leydi, Katherine in Ecuador, and Dulce) only with the intention of finding the sponsors. Alice took Katherine (not the same Katherine that is on this blog~ an older one who lives in Ecuador), and Mack took Mercy, so that I could keep Jonathan. Dulce and Leydi are still technically looking for sponsors. In the meantime, I have sent them a Christmas package, and I have corresponded with them as often as I correspond with my other sponsored kids. Usually that means that I write 9 children twice a month (so, 18 letters a month). Sometimes they may get three letters in a month. Some of the kids write to me almost as much as I write to them, and others only write every now and then. This is my second letter from Dulce so far. I am still waiting on the pictures and letter from the Christmas gift that I sent her back in October. I can't wait to see those!!
This is her latest letter:

Hola! Estoy bien y mi familia tambien. Yo estoy muy agradecida de recibir su bella carta y esos lindos postales. Mi familia esta muy bien de salud. Tengo dos hermanos Carolin y Anthony. Mi familia y yo les mandamos un fuerte abrazo para usted y su familia y muchas bendiciones. ~ Dulce
(Hi! I am fine and so is my family. I am very grateful for your beautiful letter and pretty postcards. My family is healthy. I have two siblings Carolin and Anthony. My family and I send you and your family a big hug and lots of blessings. ~ Dulce

For some reason, I can't get the picture that she drew to upload... I will have to try again later.

2 comments:

Su said...

Oh I wish I could have the time to write twice a month... I have 2 families (3 girls) and I write them every 2 months... one letter per month to alternate families!

Do you send the letters trough the CI site or are they in paper?

And you send DP's also twice a month?

Betsemes said...

Wow, quite a letter. I don't know how you will give her away after finding a sponsor.