Sunday, January 4, 2009

Henry ~ Cartagena Colombia~ The Artist

Henry's first picture. This is the picture that I saw on the CI web-site when I decided to sponsor him.
Henry's second picture came after about 6 months of sponsorship. He already looks happier.
Henry's latest after over 1 year of sponsorship. If his smile gets any bigger, his face might crack!



His 2007 Christmas package.






Of the 9 sponsored kids that I currently have, Henry is the one I have sponsored the longest, so I am going to start with giving information about him. I will provide information about all of my kids in the order that I began sponsoring them. Henry's sponsorship started on July 13, 2007. When I first started sponsoring him, his family lived on $25 or $35 a month! They, also, did not have a toilet. A lot has changed since then. His new update shows their income at $225 a month! They have a toilet, and more recently (for his birthday) he received a bed! The bed was a collaboration of fund raising efforts through Ebay and caring people. I am not sure how many packages I have sent him during his sponsorship. It may be around 7. The bed was the first thing he received by funds being sent to CI to purchase through his field office. Here is his personal bio:
Age: 8 Gender: M Date of Birth: 10/28/2000


Height: 3 Feet 11 Inches Weight: 46 Pounds Hair Color: Brown Eye Color: Brown
2. Health problems, if any: None
3. Attends School: Yes
4. Favorite School Subjects: Art
Favorite Pastimes or Sports: Playing soccer
Chores at Home: Sweeping, General housework
Talents or Hobbies: Drawing
Languages Spoken: Spanish

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S FAMILY:
5. Approximate monthly income for the family (in U.S. Dollars): $225.00
6. Name of Father: Deiver Age: 28 Occupation: Baker
(If not present, why?)
7. Name of Mother: Amalfi Age: 28 Occupation: Homemaker
(If not present, why?)
8. Brothers and Sisters:
Name Esneiver ManuelAge 5Gender M
9. Child now living with: Parents

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S HOME:
10. Description of Home: One multi-use room, Bathroom
Cooking Facilities: Gas Stove
Sleeping Accommodations: Beds
Home Construction: Walls Wood Roof Corrugated metal Floor Dirt
11. Facilities and Services:
Water Source/Storage: Running water in home
Electricity: Available
Sanitary Facility: Toilet

He filled in a questionnaire about himself as well. I will post the results on this post as soon as I get a chance to transfer his responses.
I sent him 2 Christmas packages for 2008, but I have yet to get the photos and thank you letter. I will post those as soon as I get them on another post.

No comments: