Monday, January 19, 2009

Third Sponsored Child~ Yessica, Guatemala City

Every time I see this picture, my eyes get drawn to their exposed feet. I just wonder how they stay healthy walking around through the unpaved (not necessarily clean) roads with their feet exposed. Definitely something I need to look into fixing!


This is the first picture that I saw of her when I started sponsoring her. I took her on because the family's income was listed quite low (I think about $76 for a family of 6).

As you already know, I started sponsoring Henry and Katherine in 2007 (previously highlighted). I lost my big paying job in September, and had to go on a hiatus of adding more children until April 9, 2008, when I added Yessica to the family. Yessica is my only child in Guatemala. She loves to talk about how beautiful her country is and how proud she is to be Guatemalan. She is sweet, and has thanked me for being a support. I can't wait to get her next letter, so that you can see for yourselves... Or I may have to dig one out of her scrap book shortly. Maybe I will get a letter from her tomorrow :0) I hope!
Her income has gone up in less than a year. Here is her latest bio:
Age: 10 Gender: F Date of Birth: 8/9/1998


Height: 3 Feet 10 Inches Weight: 46 Pounds Hair Color: Black Eye Color: Black
2. Health problems, if any: None
3. Attends School: Yes
4. Favorite School Subjects: Grammar
Favorite Pastimes or Sports: Playing with dolls
Chores at Home: Washing dishes
Talents or Hobbies: Drawing
Languages Spoken: Spanish
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S FAMILY:
5. Approximate monthly income for the family (in U.S. Dollars): $234.00
6. Name of Father: Rogelio Age: 37 Occupation: Machine Operator
(If not present, why?)
7. Name of Mother: Marieta Age: 36 Occupation: Homemaker
(If not present, why?)
8. Brothers and Sisters:
Name Rogelio IsaiasAge 8Gender MName SandraAge 14Gender F
Name VelterAge 12Gender M
9. Child now living with: Parents
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S HOME:
10. Description of Home: One Bedroom, Kitchen
Cooking Facilities: Gas Stove
Sleeping Accommodations: Metal beds
Home Construction: Walls Corrugated metal Roof Corrugated metal Floor Dirt
11. Facilities and Services:
Water Source/Storage: Running water in home
Electricity: Available
Sanitary Facility: Toilet

No comments: