Friday, January 2, 2009

Sweet Letters from Dulce and Diego


I think I like having a blog dedicated to just my sponsored kids. I will add tags as a go along, so that you can follow the kids by their country or by their name.

Today I received 2 letters!! I received the first letter ever from Dulce in the DR. The other letter that I received was from Diego. It was his first introductory letter (I am trying to distinguish his first letter from the "thank you" letter that I received from him for the package. I received the thank you letter before the introductory letter~ if that makes any sense)...
So, This is what they said. Dulce wrote:

Le estoy muy agradecida por escojerme como su niña apadrinada. Estoy en segunda. Cuando no estot estudiando, ayudo a mi tía en los quehaceres de la casa. Estoy contenta de escribirte. Me encuentro bien al igual que mi familia. Besote~ Dulce
(I am very happy that you chose me to be your sponsored child. I am in the second grade. When I am not studying, I help my aunt with chores. I am very happy to be able to write to you. I am doing fine and so is my family. Big kiss~ Dulce)
*She included on the back of the page that her favorite subject is grammar, and she likes birthday parties.

This is what Diego wrote (this letter broke my heart):
Espero que se encuentre bien de salud en union de su familia. Estoy muy feliz de ser su nuevo ahijado. Estoy en tercero de primaria. Mi matería favorita es ingles. Me mejor amigo se llama Junior. Me gusta jugar al fútbol. Vivo con mi tía porque mi mamá y mi papá se murieron. Mi tía me quiere mucho y me da mucho valor para salir adelante. Sin más que contar, se despide~ Diego
(I hope that you and your family are well. I am very happy to be your new sponsored child. I am in 3rd grade in elementary school. My favorite subject is English. My best friend's name is Junior. I like to play soccer. I live with my aunt because my mom and dad died. My aunt loves me very much, and she gives me the strength to go on. Without more to say, I say goodbye~ Diego)
*He included on the back of the page that his best friends are his mom, dad and a girl. With his family, he likes to go for a walk, go to the beach, play sports, talk, clean the house and pray at church.

I, also, scanned their letters, but for some reason they won't upload. I will try again later & post them ASAP.

1 comment:

Su said...

That is lovely! I got my first letters from my 2 new mexican girls (Fabiola and Alejandra) on the 24th Dec. Aren't they always exciting??