Monday, January 5, 2009

What do you need to be happy?

Tonight, during my sleep-deprived venture on the internet (It is 12:50 AM, and I still can not fall asleep), I came across an article by The Everyday Cheapskate. I wanted to share what it says:

Wh
en people say they want happiness, what they’re really looking for is contentment, that feeling of satisfaction that does not go away once the carpet is a few months old, the car has lost its “newness” or the holidays are over. He went on to suggest that happiness is the result of a “happening” and when the event is over, the happiness goes away. The contentment we seek comes with satisfaction and fulfillment that are not tied to specific events but rather based upon things that do not change, like warm family relationships, connecting to God and expressions of sincere gratitude.
(http://www.cheapskatemonthly.com/ed_cheapskate.asp?ID=39220)

So, now you know why sponsoring brings a sense of contentment!! I thought that was very interesting, and now I have a way to explain why sponsoring a child feels so good. It is based on things that do not change. It is making a difference EVERYDAY in the life of a child and their family. It is something that will stay with me and with the children I sponsor for the rest of our lives~ A bridge between people half way across the world... People I have never met, but yet they are like family members that were always in my life since the beginning.

No comments: