Thursday, January 29, 2009

Seventh Sponsored Child~ Jonathan from Guayaguil, Ecuador







On October 22, 2008, I added 4 new children to my account. They are all children that are either infected with the HIV virus, or have already been diagnosed with AIDS. I decided that I wanted to find sponsors for them. In my group of four children was a girl named Katherine (a different Katherine than the one I currently have), who was almost immediately placed when Alice (already a sponsor) read my post about the 4 children: http://ilovemykids08.blogspot.com/2008/10/stigma-of-hivaids-can-devastate-child.html
If my post inspires you to take action, maybe you will take one or both of my last two children with the virus. The 2 children that I have left are the two girls on the top of that post...
Now, back to my story, Alice took Katherine. Katherine is the girl at the bottom of that same post. Shortly thereafter (10/28/08), Mack (another seasoned sponsor) was looking for a child in Zambia. She took Mercy, and I took on one additional child with HIV... Jonathan!
Jonathan lives with his grandmother since both of his parents are deceased (just like Diego's are). So, here are Jonathan's details:
Age: 10 Gender: M Date of Birth: 1/20/1999


Height: 3 Feet 11 Inches Weight: 46 Pounds Hair Color: Black Eye Color: Black
2. Health problems, if any:
3. Attends School: Yes
4. Favorite School Subjects: Art, Mathematics
Favorite Pastimes or Sports: Playing soccer
Chores at Home: Sweeping, Running errands
Talents or Hobbies: Singing, Dancing
Languages Spoken: Spanish
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S FAMILY:
5. Approximate monthly income for the family (in U.S. Dollars): $50.00
6. Name of Father: Jonathan Age: Occupation:
(If not present, why?) Deceased
7. Name of Mother: Cacilda Age: Occupation:
(If not present, why?) Deceased
8. Brothers and Sisters:
9. Child now living with: Relatives
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S HOME:
10. Description of Home: One multi-use room
Cooking Facilities: Portable gas stove
Sleeping Accommodations: Wooden beds
Home Construction: Walls Concrete block Roof Corrugated metal Floor Concrete
11. Facilities and Services:
Water Source/Storage: Private pump
Electricity: Available
Sanitary Facility: Toilet

No comments: