Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mercy~ Zambia (also, the third sponsored child)



I took on 2 sponsored children simultaneously. I saw Mercy's picture in the slide show for the Easter gifts in 2008, and I sent an e-mail inquiry. I asked CI if she had found a sponsor yet. While I was waiting to hear back from them, I went ahead and added Yessica to my account. Just a few hours later, Mercy was, also, in my account :0)

I do not sponsor Mercy any more, but I am able to stay in touch with her. As reported earlier, I added a total of 5 children to my account later on in order to find sponsors for them. I wanted to make sure that the sick children especially would be able to get the extra care that they need. I took all 5 kids left in the CI system that had HIV/AIDS. I was able to find a sponsor for one of the children with HIV (Thanks to Alice!), and Mack was looking for a child in Zambia. None of my sick children were in Zambia, and since I would still be able to keep contact with Mercy, Mack took Mercy (and I was able to keep one more of the sick children because of it). It worked out because Mack sent Mercy a very SWEET letter. She told Mercy that she had seen Mercy's picture and really wanted to sponsor her. She told Mercy that I was reluctant to let her go, but that Mack begged me and promised to keep me updated and to take care of her. Mack was able to send her a nice big box of clothes for her, her brother, and her new baby sister for Christmas as well. Maybe I can post those pics when she gets them from CI.

No comments: