Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sixth Sponsored Child~ Diego from Colombia







Diego was one of the children featured in CI's Blog action day slideshow. I didn't immediately decide to take him, but when I found out only one person had responded to their request for sponsors the day before, I had to help. I sent an e-mail to Kelly to find out which specific ailments the children had, and I requested children with either epilepsy or HIV/AIDS> When he responded telling me that Diego had full-blown AIDS, I couldn't turn him down. I actually wound up taking on 4 more children with HIV/AIDS in order to make sure that they could all get the special treatment that they need to stay alive... But, more on that later. I took Diego on 10/16/08. He uses the same community center that Henry uses (which is what I was looking for earlier in my quest to find a child in Cartagena~ so, I got what I wished for). Plus, since both of his parents are deceased, and he is battling a disease that causes him to be more suseptible to diseases that kill, I feel like I am making a difference in his life. He lives with his aunt and uncle. In a letter earlier, he told me that his aunt gives him the strength to go on. He is one of the children on Jaden's list that will receive a bed this year. Check out my Ebay link to donate to this cause. To date, Jaden has raised $86.97!!! Here are his details:
Age: 11 Gender: M Date of Birth: 7/24/1997


Height: 4 Feet 4 Inches Weight: 74 Pounds Hair Color: Black Eye Color: Brown
2. Health problems, if any:
3. Attends School: Yes
4. Favorite School Subjects: Mathematics
Favorite Pastimes or Sports: Playing soccer
Chores at Home: Running errands
Talents or Hobbies: Dancing, Singing
Languages Spoken: Spanish
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S FAMILY:
5. Approximate monthly income for the family (in U.S. Dollars): $175.00
6. Name of Father: Manuel Age: Occupation:
(If not present, why?) Deceased
7. Name of Mother: Marilis Age: Occupation:
(If not present, why?) Deceased
8. Brothers and Sisters:
Name LauraAge 32Gender FName MariaAge 35Gender F
Name YondoAge 29Gender M
9. Child now living with: Relatives
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S HOME:
10. Description of Home: One Bedroom, Living Room, Kitchen
Cooking Facilities: Open fire
Sleeping Accommodations: Wooden beds
Home Construction: Walls Concrete block Roof Corrugated tile Floor Concrete
11. Facilities and Services:
Water Source/Storage: Running water in home
Electricity: Available
Sanitary Facility: Toilet

No comments: