Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Meet Alice's 8th sponsored child Katherine!

Katherine was actually one of the 4 children that I had added to my account in order to find sponsors for all of the HIV+ children that CI had left that did not have sponsors. I posted the children on my family blog, and Alice jumped to take Katherine. Katherine has a more recent picture, too, but I can't get it uploaded right. I will wait until Alice returns from her trip and I will post a more recent photo at that time. Of the four children with HIV (and actually, 5 children, since I had already taken one for myself), Katherine is the only one of them that still lives with both of her living parents. I am hoping this is because they detected the virus soon enough to get the proper treatment for the whole family. I can't wait to hear of the updates for Katherine because I feel like I have a connection with her, since I had her in my account for a couple of days. More to come!
Here is her bio:
Age: 7 Gender: F Date of Birth: 10/26/2001


Height: 3 Feet 10 Inches Weight: 43 Pounds Hair Color: Brown Eye Color: Brown
2. Health problems, if any:
3. Attends School: Yes
4. Favorite School Subjects: Art
Favorite Pastimes or Sports: Playing with dolls
Chores at Home: Running errands
Talents or Hobbies: Dancing, Singing
Languages Spoken: Spanish
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S FAMILY:
5. Approximate monthly income for the family (in U.S. Dollars): $200.00
6. Name of Father: Domingo Age: 34 Occupation: Street Vendor
(If not present, why?)
7. Name of Mother: Miriam Age: 38 Occupation: Homemaker
(If not present, why?)
8. Brothers and Sisters:
Name YahairaAge 10Gender F
9. Child now living with: Parents
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S HOME:
10. Description of Home: One multi-use room
Cooking Facilities: Portable gas stove
Sleeping Accommodations: Wooden beds
Home Construction: Walls Split Cane Roof Corrugated metal Floor Dirt
11. Facilities and Services:
Water Source/Storage: Delivered by truck in barrel
Electricity: Available
Sanitary Facility: Septic tank

No comments: