Thursday, March 26, 2009

Meet Efain's 3rd Sponsored child Leidy Altagracia!

Efrain's own words:
Leidy Altagracia is my third sponsored child with Children International and my eleventh sponsored child ever. I sponsored Leidyon an impulse; I entered CI's website and next time I was aware of I was sponsoring a new girl :-). Well, it's not that dramatic, but you know, I couldn't refuse to sponsor her.
Leidy is from the Dominican Republic. She lives with her father,mother and one brother. She likes to play with dolls and likes to playvolleyball. I have already heard that volleyball is a common hobby around DR. She also likes singing and dancing. I bet she would be tooshy to dance for me whether I ever visit her.
I endearingly call her "mi princesita" (my little princess). I tell her that she has a name of a princess. She is still too young to writeby herself, but she is already in school, so I expect this to change soon.
Leidy Altagracia has been my last girl I have sponsored from theDominican Republic. After her, I sponsored a boy from the DominicanRepublic also and after the boy, I sponsored a Filipina girl. I enjoywriting in my native language (Spanish), so I'm eager for Leidy to begin writing her letters by herself. I suspect they will be very affectionate.



Here's her bio:
Age: 7
Gender: F
Date of Birth: 5/10/2001
Height: 3 Feet 8 Inches
Weight: 44 Pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
2. Health problems, if any: None
3. Attends School: Yes
4. Favorite School Subjects: Mathematics
Favorite Pastimes or Sports: Playing with dolls, Playing volleyball
Chores at Home: Washing dishes, Sweeping, Running errands
Talents or Hobbies: Singing, Dancing
Languages Spoken: Spanish

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S FAMILY:
5. Approximate monthly income for the family (in U.S. Dollars): $150.00
6. Name of Father: FĂ©lix
Age: 33
Occupation: Driver
(If not present, why?)
7. Name of Mother: Enelsida
Age: 30
Occupation: Homemaker
(If not present, why?)
8. Brothers and Sisters:
Name Leo Fabio
Age 9
Gender M
9. Child now living with: Parents

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S HOME:
10. Description of Home: One Bedroom, Kitchen
Cooking Facilities: Gas Stove
Sleeping Accommodations: Beds
Home Construction: Walls Concrete block
Roof Corrugated metal
Floor Concrete
11. Facilities and Services:
Water Source/Storage: Running water in home
Electricity: Available
Sanitary Facility: Toilet

No comments: