Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Meet Efrain's 2nd Sponsored child Yokaira!


In Efrain's own words:

Yokaira is my second sponsored child with Children International and actually my tenth sponsored child ever. I have been a sponsor since1992. I have sponsored 8 children through other charity before sponsoring children from CI, and I still sponsor 3 of them. When the time came when I had to say goodbye to one of my girls, Maria Eugenia, from the other charity, I decided that I'll sponsor two new girls to replace my beloved Maria. Yokaira was one of them.

Yokaira is a beautiful brown-eyed little girl from the DominicanRepublic. It's funny, her yearly pictures have always shown a girl with a hard look, maybe the last one is the exception. Her father died and she lives with her mother and six siblings. She is still too young to write her letter by herself. I'm already encouraging her to do so. I want her to write her own letters by herself as soon as she's able to.

Here is her bio:

Age: 6

Gender: F

Date of Birth: 3/17/2002




Height: 3 Feet 10 Inches

Weight: 49 Pounds

Hair Color: Blond

Eye Color: Brown

2. Health problems, if any: None

3. Attends School: Yes

4. Favorite School Subjects: Art, Mathematics

Favorite Pastimes or Sports: Playing with dolls, Playing with friends

Chores at Home: Running errands, Taking out the trash

Talents or Hobbies: Dancing, Singing

Languages Spoken: Spanish


INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S FAMILY:

5. Approximate monthly income for the family (in U.S. Dollars): $137.00

6. Name of Father: Sergio Antonio

Age: 37

Occupation:

(If not present, why?) Deceased

7. Name of Mother: Digna

Age: 42

Occupation: Factory Worker

(If not present, why?)

8. Brothers and Sisters:

Name Altagracia

Age 15

Gender F

Name Fhreidin

Age 8

Gender M

Name José Ariel

Age 16

Gender M

Name Marilyn

Age 9

Gender F

Name Yaritza

Age 8

Gender F

Name Yudelissa

Age 16

Gender F

9. Child now living with: Mother


INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S HOME:

10. Description of Home: One Bedroom, Dining Room, Kitchen

Cooking Facilities: Gas Stove

Sleeping Accommodations: Beds

Home Construction: Walls Concrete block

Roof Concrete

Floor Concrete

11. Facilities and Services:

Water Source/Storage: Running water in home

Electricity: Available

Sanitary Facility: Toilet


No comments: