Monday, March 30, 2009

Meet Efrain's 7th sponsored child Regine!



Efrain's own words:

Regine is my seventh sponsored child with Children International, my fifteenth sponsored child ever, and the third sponsored girl from the Philippines.The process I followed to choose her was very deliberate. I went to CI's website and browsed through the search results for girls in more or less an age range of 5 to 10 years old. I collected a number of pictures renaming them with the name of the child, formed a collage with all of them and then I showed it to various people. It was funnyto notice that various people were reluctant to see the pictures because they wrongly thought that I was asking them to sponsor a child. Once I had all the feedback, I chose Regine. Regine is nine years old. She lives with her father, mother, one brother, and one sister. As with Jinky, I just downloaded her last yearly picture the day after I downloaded Jinky's, most likely the one you see posted here. I'm still waiting for her big smile. She writes her own letters. All of my filipinas, and Regine is no exception, have a clear and pretty handwriting. Regine's handwriting is almost a work of art. I recently made a special donation for her. Her pictures show an obviously happy girl. It can be seen in her eyes. Her smile is characteristically not big, but I know her enough now to see it in her eyes.

Here is her bio:
Age: 9
Gender: F
Date of Birth: 9/24/1999
-->
Height: 4 Feet 1 Inches
Weight: 46 Pounds
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
2. Health problems, if any: None
3. Attends School: Yes
4. Favorite School Subjects: Languages
Favorite Pastimes or Sports: Playing with friends, Playing indoor games, Playing outdoor games
Chores at Home: Running errands, Mopping
Talents or Hobbies: Dancing, Singing
Languages Spoken: Filipino

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S FAMILY:
5. Approximate monthly income for the family (in U.S. Dollars): $175.00
6. Name of Father: Redentor
Age: 38
Occupation: Driver
(If not present, why?)
7. Name of Mother: Nelly Jean
Age: 34
Occupation: Homemaker
(If not present, why?)
8. Brothers and Sisters:
Name Ivan
Age 5
Gender M
Name Tiffany
Age 2
Gender F
9. Child now living with: Parents

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S HOME:
10. Description of Home: One multi-use room
Cooking Facilities: Portable gas stove
Sleeping Accommodations: Metal beds
Home Construction: Walls Concrete block
Roof Corrugated metal
Floor Concrete
11. Facilities and Services:
Water Source/Storage: Community Pump
Electricity: Non-regulated usage
Sanitary Facility: Latrine

No comments: