Friday, March 27, 2009

Meet Efrain's 4th sponsored child Jose Antonio!


Efrain's own words:

Jose Antonio is my fourth sponsored child with Children Internationaland my twelveth sponsored child ever. I sponsored him with the already set idea of breaking the "girls-only" rule. Many people had been joking about a discrimination against boys that I had been supposedly doing. I was not feeling forced to do so, but I toyed with the idea and decided to do it. I browsed Dominican boys at the CI website and chose Jose Antonio.

Jose Antonio is not my first sponsored boy ever. Previously, I sponsored one boy with the other charity. It was at a time when I just called the charity and asked to sponsor a child. They made the choice for me.

Jose Antonio is already twelve years old. He lives with his father,mother, two brothers and one sister. He tells me that his sister,Soranyi, is very loving to him.

Until recently, I have been under the impression that girls were more expressive and loving in their writing. I even didn't believe certain sponsors who told that girls were too independent to be actually very loving. Well, Jose Antonio turns out to be the most loving of my sponsored children. Or at least that's the impression I get through his letters. He openly and directly says that he loves me; maybe just one of my sponsored girls have done so and not to the extent that Jose Antonio does. He entered school relatively recently, so his handwriting is not as good as the girls that are near his age, but his handwriting is easy to read.
Here is his bio:
Age: 12
Gender: M
Date of Birth: 3/19/1997
-->
Height: 4 Feet 6 Inches
Weight: 70 Pounds
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
2. Health problems, if any: None
3. Attends School: Yes
4. Favorite School Subjects: Grammar, Mathematics
Favorite Pastimes or Sports: Playing with toys and cars, Playing baseball
Chores at Home: Running errands, Taking out the trash
Talents or Hobbies: Dancing, Singing
Languages Spoken: Spanish

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S FAMILY:
5. Approximate monthly income for the family (in U.S. Dollars): $186.00
6. Name of Father: Saturnino
Age: 40
Occupation: Small Store Operator
(If not present, why?)
7. Name of Mother: Leoncia
Age: 33
Occupation: Homemaker
(If not present, why?)
8. Brothers and Sisters:
Name Luis David
Age 14
Gender M
Name Marbin Noel
Age 15
Gender M
Name Soranyi M.
Age 10
Gender F
9. Child now living with: Parents

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S HOME:
10. Description of Home: One Bedroom, Living Room
Cooking Facilities: Portable gas stove
Sleeping Accommodations: Beds
Home Construction: Walls Wood
Roof Corrugated metal
Floor Concrete
11. Facilities and Services:
Water Source/Storage: Running water in home
Electricity: Available
Sanitary Facility: Toilet

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I was surprised to find that my boys were also very sweet and loving. Maybe they are more expressive because they are less shy? I don't know...but I do know I am really happy I decided to sponsor some boys as well.