Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Meet Barbara's 7th sponsored child Eloina!

This is what Barbara wrote about why she chose Eloina from Guatemala as her 7th sponsored child:
My sponsorship of Eloina was a big surprise in more ways than one as I had determined that I could only afford to sponsor the maximum of six children. Had she lived my Mother would have reached 100 years old in 2008 and I had searched my brains for someway original to commemorate the event and leave a lasting legacy. After much soul searching I came up with the idea to sponsor a boy from Honduras with her birthdate. Suffice to say I wasn't able to find boy or girl in any country with that particular birthdate. But in the end I found Eloina in Guatemala with my Mother's sweet look born on my own birthdate - so I became her new sponsor in June of 2008.
Eloina lives in a community about seven miles from Guatemala City and enjoys going to a nearby park at the weekend with her elder sister and Mother who is a single parent. Evidently, she also reading with them some of the books that I have already sent to her. I believe that she has just started school so am waiting to hear how she likes it."

And here is her bio:

Age: 5 Gender: F Date of Birth: 10/19/2003


Height: 3 Feet 2 Inches Weight: 31 Pounds Hair Color: Brown Eye Color: Brown
2. Health problems, if any: None
3. Attends School: No - Too young
4. Favorite School Subjects:
Favorite Pastimes or Sports: Playing with dolls
Chores at Home: General housework
Talents or Hobbies: Painting, Dancing, Singing
Languages Spoken: Spanish
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S FAMILY:
5. Approximate monthly income for the family (in U.S. Dollars): $195.00
6. Name of Father: Unknown Age: Occupation:
(If not present, why?)
7. Name of Mother: Edith Age: 32 Occupation: Homemaker
(If not present, why?)
8. Brothers and Sisters:
Name Mileidy V. Age 9 Gender F
9. Child now living with: Mother
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S HOME:
10. Description of Home: One multi-use room
Cooking Facilities: Portable gas stove
Sleeping Accommodations: Metal beds
Home Construction: Walls Concrete block Roof Concrete Floor Tile
11. Facilities and Services:
Water Source/Storage: Running water in home
Electricity: Available
Sanitary Facility: Toilet

No comments: