Saturday, March 28, 2009

Meet Efrain's 5th sponsored child Rovelyn!


Efrain's own words:
Rovelyn is my fifth sponsored child with Children International and my thirteenth sponsored child ever. I sponsored her to break the"dominican-children-only" rule; she is from the Philippines. I had already broken the girls-only rule, so I decided to break this rule too. Yet I didn't enter CI's website with the express intention of sponsoring another child. I just saw her picture on CI's home page andher tender eyes bought me. You can see the picture that did this on the page located at http://www.liftoneproject.org/goto/caroe. The picture I speak about at that page is the one that did this.

Rovelyn is my first filipina ever. Previously, I had sponsored children from Haiti, Nicaragua, and The Dominican Republic; althought by the time I sponsored Rovelyn, I only had children from the Dominican Republic. Rovelyn is nine years old. She lives with his father, mother, one brother and one sister.
From all of my sponsored children, the most satisfying experience I have had came from a special donation I made to Rovelyn for a bed.When I got her pictures, picturing her sitting on her brand new bed with the broadest smile I have ever seen on my sponsored children, I just can say that it was worth way beyond each penny spent. It is the happiest memory I have of my sponsorship experiences. I might have a much better experience when I go visit one of them and he/she receives me with great excitement. If that ever happens, it will surpass this experience. But up to now, this is my best sponsorship memory, thanks to a little girl that lives far away called Rovelyn.

Here is her bio:
Age: 9
Gender: F
Date of Birth: 1/17/2000
-->
Height: 4 Feet 0 Inches
Weight: 47 Pounds
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
2. Health problems, if any: None
3. Attends School: Yes
4. Favorite School Subjects: Languages, Reading
Favorite Pastimes or Sports: Playing with friends, Playing with dolls, Playing outdoor games
Chores at Home: Washing dishes, Sweeping
Talents or Hobbies: Singing, Drawing
Languages Spoken: Filipino

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S FAMILY:
5. Approximate monthly income for the family (in U.S. Dollars): $117.00
6. Name of Father: Roderick
Age: 32
Occupation: Laborer
(If not present, why?)
7. Name of Mother: Eva
Age: 34
Occupation: Unemployed
(If not present, why?)
8. Brothers and Sisters:
Name Princess Joy
Age 6
Gender F
Name Van Harold
Age 3
Gender M
9. Child now living with: Parents

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S HOME:
10. Description of Home: One multi-use room, Kitchen
Cooking Facilities: Coal stove
Sleeping Accommodations: Metal beds
Home Construction: Walls Concrete
Roof Corrugated metal
Floor Concrete
11. Facilities and Services:
Water Source/Storage: Community Pump
Electricity: Non-regulated usage
Sanitary Facility: Toilet

No comments: