Sunday, March 29, 2009

Meet Efrain's 6th sponsored child Jinky!


Efrain's own words:

Jinky is my sixth sponsored child with Children International and my fourteenth sponsored child ever. Jinky is another girl from thePhilippines. When I sponsored her, I didn't had in mind to sponsor another child. It was another impulsive sponsorship. I just went to the CI website and browsed the girls pictures. As Rovelyn did, so did Jinky. She bought my heart with her sad innocent look (in that picture).

Jinky is eleven years old. She lives with his father, mother, and four brothers.I just downloaded her last yearly picture yesterday afternoon, most likely the one you see posted here. I was wishing for a long time to see that smile. On every picture (save for the previous yearly picture), if she smiles, it is a half smile with the lips closed. She looks just adorable in this picture.When I sponsored Jinky, her records said that she slept on the floor with a mat. My inquiries on this matter revealed that there was little room left for a bed but that a sofa bed would do. So I donated for her sofa bed. Yet, her next child progress report said that she still slept on the floor with a mat. I asked about this. CI inquired on this and I got in reply four pictures of Jinky sitting on her sofa bed. It turns out that by the time they made the report, she preferred to sleep on the floor since it was the hottest season of the year.

It has been said that it's wrong to have favorites. Yet I think most people do have favorites. I confess up front that among my sponsored children, Jinky is my favorite. I have never told her so, nor I have told so to anyone of my other sponsored children; but I always tell it to anyone who wants to know about my children. She is not the most affectionate nor the prettiest among my sponsored children, yet I tend to prefer her. I don't know why, but Jinky always stands out.

Here is her bio:
Age: 11
Gender: F
Date of Birth: 8/24/1997
-->
Height: 4 Feet 7 Inches
Weight: 73 Pounds
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
2. Health problems, if any: None
3. Attends School: Yes
4. Favorite School Subjects: Languages
Favorite Pastimes or Sports: Playing outdoor games, Playing with friends
Chores at Home: Washing dishes
Talents or Hobbies: Singing
Languages Spoken: Filipino

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S FAMILY:
5. Approximate monthly income for the family (in U.S. Dollars): $197.00
6. Name of Father: Ildefonso
Age: 50
Occupation: Watchman
(If not present, why?)
7. Name of Mother: Lucille
Age: 45
Occupation: Maid
(If not present, why?)
8. Brothers and Sisters:
Name Elicille
Age 20
Gender M
Name Jason
Age 19
Gender M
Name Jayrald
Age 17
Gender M
Name Jeffrey
Age 16
Gender M
9. Child now living with: Parents

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S HOME:
10. Description of Home: One multi-use room
Cooking Facilities: Gas Stove
Sleeping Accommodations: Beds
Home Construction: Walls Concrete block
Roof Corrugated metal
Floor Concrete
11. Facilities and Services:
Water Source/Storage: Running water in home
Electricity: Available
Sanitary Facility: Toilet

No comments: